The Bucharest Tour by Roaring Romania is a walking tour
that covers all the iconic buildings in the Old Center of Bucharest. You will experience the city's 500 years of history through a carefully selected number of funny stories, family drama and tragic murders.
- The Romanian Athenaeum where you will learn about the successful marketing campaign that lead to raising the funds for the building.
- The Revolution Square and its controversial collection of monuments like the cyborg building, the potato on the stick plus a balcony that made history.
- The Palace of the Telephones and The National Military Center where we'll tap into Bucharest's social habits from the beginning of the 19th century and show you where to find the best chocolate bonbons in town.
- The Old City Center that includes Bucharest's most famous restaurant, the charming Stavropoleos Monastery and the story of a discovery that changed Romanian cuisine forever.
- Old Princely Court where we will talk about secret entrances to the underworld and bring some light on Dracula's life. Is he a vampire or not?
A local, laid back tourist guide, specialized in Bucharest will share with you tips on where to eat and to go out so you can feel the vibe of the city.
; other hours are possible upon request.
: aprox. 2 hrs.
in front of The Romanian Athenaeum
(closest metro station: Piata Romana)
The Old Princely Court in the Old City Center
Price: 15 Euro
Cotroceni Palace Tour
The National Museum of Cotroceni, commonly known as The Cotroceni Palace, is one of the major landmarks of Bucharest. With over 3 centuries of existence, Cotroceni Palace is the residence with the longest use in Romanian history. On the Cotroceni tour you discover the palace’s tumultuous past that carries war, earthquakes and multiple regime changes. […]
Bellu Cemetery Tour
Bellu Cemetery is Bucharest’s hidden gem. The oldest cemetery in the city – mid 19th century, Bellu is considered the national pantheon of Romania. Politicians, artists, scientists, noblemen and members of the bourgeoisie, they are all buried here. There are almost 300 monuments in the cemetery that make an exquisite collection of funerary art :monumental […]
Bucharest – Brasov – Sibiu – 7 nights
Bucharest vacation and Transylvanian road trip with stops at the famous Peles and Dracula castles plus Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov medieval cities. Entrance fees, guide, accommodation, transportation included.
Transylvania 3 Days Tour
Transylvania 3 day tour takes you to the most famous Transylvanian sites: from the charming Sibiu to the picturesque Sighisoara, the fortified church of Biertan – UNESCO heritage site to the legendary Dracula Castle. Accommodation, transportation, entrance fees and English speaking guide included. Prices from 300 Euro per person.